4/16/11

...because bacon is the new bacon...

OK...
I'll admit it,
I was in a cranky mood the other day.

I was busy working away in the kitchen making macaroons and testing some new techniques for banana bread and making Red Rocket buttons and trying out some baklava recipe I found somewhere and generally getting in our baker's way making a mess of things when in whirls Pam (and I mean in a way that would make a tornado look tame) with the idea of mixing brownies with bacon, cayenne, and maple.

A challenge when you take texture and flavour layering and balance into consideration.

Interesting...

The evolution of this idea has been going on for some time now. It started off with crushed pretzels in chocolate chip cookies. Then it moved to crushed pretzels in fudge brownies which then morphed to caramel & pretzel & brownie.

So far, so good.

THEN...
Pam's idea of salted caramel & bacon brownies...which you see before you.

Almost bang on in the first try (we're good at what we do) but it may need a 2nd or 3rd generation to perfect...just because we're freaks when it comes to texture and flavour distribution.

Sweet. Smokey. Spicy. Salty. Sassy & Special.

Will you ever see these in our pastry window?

...maybe...

But I can tell you I was no longer cranky after making them.

No comments: