...the first 499 would be "candied"...
The second 499 would be "BACON!"
The extra two words would be reserved for intermittent whines due to the fact that this is indeed only a picture and not the real thing.
But lucky you!
I have posted the recipe
First you will need:
- 1/2 lb thick sliced natural bacon (maple flavour preferred)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, rounded (and by "rounded" I mean closer to 1/2 a cup)
- 1/2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (this is the nutritious quotient of this recipe)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- a good health plan
Mix all your dry ingredients together.
Coat bacon slices in sugar mixture.
When I say coat I mean coat well. The kind of coating that will not only give your dentist a conniption but will also make the sugar faery cringe.
There is no thing as "too much".
Lovingly lay bacon strips on a cookie sheet lined with a wire rack.
Imagine a moonlit walk along the beach with bacon in both hands...and a cigarette after.
Sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture over the bacon...it can only make it better.
Bake in a 375 F oven for 15 minutes or so...you know, to your liking.
...and just like a cold shower, some shrinkage may occur.
Let cool slightly and serve.
Some good suggestions:
- wrapped around a water chestnut
- embracing a filet mignon or sea scallop
- burger, anyone? ...dijon and swiss...or stilton?
- sliced over a salad (arugula, pecans, cranberries, balsamic & olive oil?)
- diced over ice cream
- in a brownie!
- as is...just use your fingers
HEY! Who's picking at the Bacon?!?
Oh, that Pam...just can't wait for that bacony goodness...
...and below is Bonnie, one of our loyal regulars, eagerly waiting for a tender morsel...
But will we share?